Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results. You don’t have to sign up for Search Console to be included in Google Search results, but Search Console helps you understand and improve how Google sees your site. From generalist to specialist, from newbie to advanced, Search Console can help you. Search Console tools and reports help you measure your site’s Search traffic and performance, fix issues and make your site shine in Google Search results
Search Console offers tools and reports for the following actions:
- Confirm that Google can find and crawl your site.
- Fix indexing problems and request re-indexing of new or updated content.
- View Google Search traffic data for your site: how often your site appears in Google Search, which search queries show your site, how often searchers click through for those queries, and more.
- Receive alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam, or other issues on your site.
- Show you which sites link to your website.
- Troubleshoot issues for AMP, mobile usability, and other Search features.
April 9-25, 2019 Google Search Console Data anomalies
Google recorded known issues that might affect your data on Google Search Console. Because of this, you might see an increase in issues and affected items/pages on these reports. Because of internal management of Google’s Search index, some pages of your websites might have been dropped from Google index for a period of a few days without any action on your part.
Google Search Console experienced a data outage that ceased on April 26. The outage affected all reports except the Performance report. All missing data from April 9-25 was replaced with the data from April 26, when data began to be available again.
The matter now has been resolved, no further action from your side is needed.From Google Engineering Team.